Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My epson stylus sx525wd displays a 'printer error' message…

Customer Question
My epson stylus sx525wd...

My epson stylus sx525wd displays a 'printer error' message when I turn it on. The display tells me to turn power off and then on again but when I do this it just returns to saying 'printer error'.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Epson stylus sx525wd about 6 years ols

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac osx el capitan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Its been an issue for a week, everytime I turn it on its the same... since I changed one of the ink cartridges

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Hi, no that did not help. After lots of noises its back to the same printer error notice

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

no it will not let me access the ink

Ok, power it off then move it by hand to the middle please

it does not see possible to move it when its off

You need to use a bit of force and unless the gearing mechanism or drive motor has siezed but try to use a bit of force please to move it

no its not possible to move it...

Thanks

It is the internal drive motor or gear assembly that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

but when I turn it on and it starts up the ink cassette moves back and fourth

ok... so if it then does move, as you indicated it does not, wait until it has moved to the middle, remove power then you can access it