Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Replaced drum in MCF7860DW and machine still shows replace…

Replaced drum in MCF7860DW...

Replaced drum in MCF7860DW and machine still shows replace drum message?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

MFC7890DW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing got a message so bought a new drum & replaced it but message will not go.

9/26/2017
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.
  2. Open the printer's front cover.
  3. Press Clear button or Clear/Back button on the printer.
    - NOTE: the Clear or Clear/Back button is located on the right side of the printer's screen.
  4. Do one of the following.
    • If your Brother machine has a numeric keypad:
      Press key 1 to reset the drum counter.
    • If your Brother machine doesn't have a numeric keypad:
      Press the Up Arrow key to reset the drum counter.
  5. When the printer's shows Accepted, close the front cover.
    - That should work.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Now giving me a toner low message but have a new toner in the machine ?

Thank you. Please try the next step below:

1. Open the printer's cover. (Make sure printer is powered on first.)

2. Press the Clear button.

3. Ignore the message “Replace Drum?”

4. Press the three keys, one at a time, *00 (that's asterisk, zero, zero.)

5. Then see if the issue is resolved now.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

If that does not work, please try:

1. Make sure printer is powered on.
  2. Open the printer's cover.
  3. Press the Clear button on the printer.
  4. Ignore the message “Reset Drum”.
  5. Press these 3 keys, one at a time: *12 (that's asterisk, number one, number two.)
  6. Wait for the printer's screen to show Accepted.
  7. Close printer's cover, and check.

If that still does not work, please try:

1. Make sure printer is turned on.
  2. Press MENU.
  3. Then choose General Setup => Replace Toner.
  4. Use the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose Continue and then press OK.
  5. Press STOP/EXIT.
    - Then see if you can print now (even if it still say toner low or replace toner.)

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Thanks all good

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician