Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Dear MS Singleton:. and I live in Pittsburgh, PA and live at…

Customer Question
Dear MS Singleton: My name...

Dear MS Singleton:
My name is***** and I live in Pittsburgh, PA and live at The Lighthouse Pointe, A senior community center. I have a Ricoh GX-7000 printer which I use to make sublimation products. I do have a business card,
John’s Photography & Crafts.
I have a problem with my GX-7000 printer and I believe that the problem is located in the paper feed system for when I turn on the printer, there is a terrible grinding sound and this may be to a part of the paper transport system. It sounds like one of the gears is stuck and is hopping over another gear.
Request Information on how I can get the GX-7000 repaired
Thank you for your time.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Richo GX-7000

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I bought the printer foam a friend and it was working just fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I finally put fNew sublimation and when i turned the printer on It made horrible grinding noise as if a gear was slipping oner another one

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

I advise that you do a general opening and cleaning and inspection of the machine, keeping an eye out for a set of loosely meshed or not properly installed and in-place parts with gears... after taking out the toner cartridge and putting it back in more firmly and with attention for its fit:

It is usual, with all laser printer problems, to Open, Inspect, Clean (carefully), Close Up, and Try Again.

Open: Unplug the machine for safety. Get access to the internal workings, esp. those of the problem area. Remove cartridge(s) if necessary.

Inspect: look for anything wrong or odd in the problem area. Spilled toner? bent or broken parts, or loose parts with gears? tabs or tape not removed from toner cartridge(s)?

Clean (carefully): Take a dry white or light colored high-quality lint-free rag cloth, and wipe firmly all possible plastic or especially metal surfaces that could have toner/paper dust/fluff/anything on them. Carefully, to avoid touching, spraying, moistening, abrading, or exposing to direct light for longer than 1 minute out of 15 or more, the shiny, usually blue-green (but sometimes red-purple) photosensitive 'drum' or roller, which is easily damaged.

Close up: put everything back in, close covers, etc.

Try again: plug in, turn on.

- Let me know what you observe or find out. There may be more to do for the problem.