Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It says the toner is low and will not print. The toner is…

Customer Question
It says the toner...

It says the toner is low and will not print. The toner is not low. I just replaced all the toner cartridges. There must be a sensor problem. I'd like to find a way to bypass the sensor so I can still print.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Canon MX 880. Cartridges from Cartridge World. I have had the sensor problem from some time. Every time I replace them the same one says it is low, but its never stopped me from printing before.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC. Some kind of Windows, but not sure which one. It's a brand new desktop All in One that we recently purchased.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been an issue for a while, but never stopped me from printing so I didn't worry about it. It would say the toner was low, but I knew it wasn't. But now it won't print.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/25/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Do you face this problem with one particular cartridge?

still there?

Yes

Do you use Genuine Canon cartridge?

They are replacement from Cartridge World
I don't care about it telling me the toner is low when I know its not, but I just want it to still let me print.
This is taking too long. I'd like to get my $5 refunded.
hello?

See, we are human beings like you and we have to help more than one customer at a time and one more thing, the printer is a machine and not a human being, so it cannot work as per your wish, unless you cooperate with me and help me to understand the problem, it is not possible for me to help you, as I am not in front of your printer or PC. If you still do not want to continue then, let me know and I will close this question.

Very Rude. Discontinue and refund.

Sorry, if I sounded rude to you, but you are not providing me with any information. I am asking you a clarification and instead of answering that, you are saying that it is taking so long, refund the money etc. how will I help you, if you do not provide any information because you are my eyes as I cannot see your PC or printer.