Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just changed out the black cartridge on my Brother

Customer Question
I just changed out...

I just changed out the black cartridge on my Brother MFC-9330CDW, but the printer refuses to recognize the change and won't function.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model, as I said is MFC-9330CDW. The printer is about 2-3 months old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac desktop.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is the first time since purchasing the printer that I have had to change out a cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I thought I already was connected.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/25/2017
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

It recognized the old cartridge just fine until you changed it right?