Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My black ink cartridge needs to be replaced and I am unable…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My black...

Second opinion] My black ink cartridge needs to be replaced and I am unable to remove the spent cartridge in order to put in new ink cartridge. Please help me. My phone is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

My new printer is XP-630.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is anew printer and I installed the ink cartridges after purchasing it a couple f weeks ago. This is the first time it has run ouut of black ink and I need to repkace ink for the first time and get the printer working now.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/25/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Why can you not remove the spent/old black cartridge, please? is it stuck, or is the carriage not moving into the position to replace the cartridge, when you open the top of the printer?