Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Visiting family used my computer and printer. Now it only…

Customer Question
Visiting family used my...

Visiting family used my computer and printer. Now it only spews out blank pages. What to do? And no I am 80 and not very tech savy.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson Workforce 633--maybe 12 or so years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, and I do not know whaat OS I run. Can you give me some examples?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since yesterday, since my guests left. I don't know what they may have changed on my system.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I am not tech savy, and I notice the printer is offline.

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
9/25/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 12 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please