Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a WF 3640 about 1 yr old. It has stopped printing.

Customer Question
I have a WF...

I have a WF 3640 about 1 yr old. It has stopped printing. The print has gone quickly to faint to almost nothing. I have changed cartridges. Could the problem be the maintenance box? How do I get a new one?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

ReAD WHAT I SENT YOU

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC - doesn't work on copy mode either. PC - Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

No change. page comes ot pretty much blank in both copy or print mode
BS $39 now. forget it. I'll buy another printer first

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.