Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Cannon MP560. Not used much at all. I am unable to…

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have a Cannon MP560. Not used much at all. I am unable to get black print. Cartridge indicates full on the LCD display. Cleaned the printer head? And ended up with a brand new peobyer head and different cartridge. Still nothing. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Has not worked for about 3 years and was about ready to throw it away. Probably 8 years old?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC W7 Pro. Evem when.copying, black doesn't print.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I ley ot.sit too long and didn't use it for about 8 months. After that it popped up.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/25/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Ok. Unplugged and waiting

Thank you

Not working. Same result. Black os very very spotty.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Did not work. I placed the printer in photo print mode (no other changes) and works fine now.

ok, though I do suspect it will stop working again soon, changing modes just reintiiates the print head, and if you replaced this already then it is pointing to a mainboard issue, as thats the only component left that can cause this issue.