Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error 5800 or 5B00? Help!. MX 410. 4 years? PC Microsoft??

Error 5800 or 5B00...

Error 5800 or 5B00 ? Help ! Jim

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

MX 410 . 4 years ?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Microsoft??

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Symbol showing ink full

9/25/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

ok

Thank you

Still the same ,

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

no luck , I think its time for a new printer

Please try this

Turn off the printer
Open the cover
Turn on the printer
Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
Leave the Printer turned on.

Does it clear the error?

Carrige not sliding . Richard I think I will get a new printer . Thanks for your help

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician