Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just got it Friday. Wireless printing was doing fine, and…

Customer Question
Just got it Friday...

Just got it Friday. Wireless printing was doing fine, and today I cannot print wirelessly. It says printer is offline when I try

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

WF 4720, had it 2 days.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6. iPhone 6, 10.3.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I only used it right after I set it up, 2 days ago. Tried today to print wirelessly and it says printer is offline. unplugged router and plugged back in. Still no success

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Um no, guess that is all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/25/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Does it show offline on the Mac and the iPhone?

iPhone. Prints on Mac and iPad

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPhone until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPhone will restart.

After the restart, do you still have the issue?

no it still says printer is offline
are you there?

Unplug the printer from the power cord

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Restart your iPhone

Do you still have the issue?

Even though it shows as offline on your iPhone -- Try to print to it and see if it works.

When I try to print, it says it is contacting the printer, and I wait, and then it says offline. So the "offline" is a response to my attempt to print

Are you printing through the Airprint option or through the Epson app?

not sure how to answer. There is an arrow at the bottom of the screen, which lists Reply, Forward, or Print. Or Cancel. I choose Print
Josh, I have to leave now. May try another time. My problem is not resolved.

Sure; take your time.