Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a hp offijet pro 8615 printer. My 950 black print…

Customer Question
I have a hp...

I have a hp offijet pro 8615 printer. My 950 black print cartridge is used up and now it will not let me use any of the three colors cartridges until I replace a working 950. Is it that if you have any fully used up cartridge you cannot print until that one is replaced? Does not make any sense to me!

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is approx. 3 years old and it is a HP officejet pro 8615

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is a dell computer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened. Just popped up and nothing happened before to my knowledge.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Yes, some printers will require that all cartridges have ink in them before you can print.

That's great - sounds just a way of selling cartridges. Not happy, but what is --is!

I understand what you mean and I agree that it is a terrible policy but unfortunately, I am only the messenger.

Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.