Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson wf-3640 and have error message 0xF1. 3-4 years old…

Epson wf-3640 and have...

Epson wf-3640 and have error message 0xF1

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3-4 years old Epson Workforce WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just in the last couple of hours, changed yellow ink cartridge

9/25/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please remove all of the ink cartridges and insert them back firmly into the carriage then close the lid

Now,

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Josh, did what you suggested and I still have the error message
are you still there?

Yes, I am here.

Please allow more than 1 minute to see your response and type a reply back.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Thank you...

You're welcome! I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news but I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so that I am credited with helping you.

Josh, Technician