Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I recently installed a new Jetpack to replace the old

Customer Question
I recently installed a...

I recently installed a new Jetpack to replace the old Jetpack. Both were from Verizon. I had no problem printing wirelessly with the old Jetpack. For some reason I am unable to print since installing the new Jetpack.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It is an HP ENVY 5540. It is about 6 months old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

A Dell Latitude

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A couple of days. Since I put the new Jetpack from Verizon in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I will also want have capability to print from a second computer - a Dell Inspiron 15

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10?
Have you tried the wireless / signal icon / settings / Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer's screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

10
No. Just tell me what to do. I have already been charged $33.

Thank you. On your printer's screen, can you touch the wireless / signal icon, then touch the gear / wheel icon, then touch the option Wireless Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your new Jetpack modem's Wi-Fi / wireless network name?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Also, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

Do you see the wireless / signal icon on the printer's screen?
How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?
Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I have done everything as you instructed. I still cannot print from my computer.

When you tried the option Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer's screen, what happened? Was it successful or failed?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

it said it was successful.

What's the error or message when printing? Can you uninstall / reinstall the printer's driver / program?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

All it said was Printer no online. I do not want you to remote into my computer. Perhaps I should contact HP.
Sorry - Printer not online.

HP will not help you as the printer is out of warranty, or they would charge you a lot more. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

Can you uninstall / reinstall the printer's driver / program on your computer?

Unfortunately this printer did not come with a CD or thumb drive for installing. As I recall, I just set it up and it connected without me doing anything. It was much too easy.

I can fix this issue directly and quickly on your computer's screen. Or If you'd like to, I will continue to provide written instructions; written instructions will take longer, so please bear with me.

Do you see a program called HP ENVY... on your computer?

Are you able to open Control Panel on your computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

HP ENVY... is in the printers and devices file of the Control Panel
Never mind. I found the information in hpconnected.com

Wait, please do not try hpconnected.com; I will provide you faster process.

Yes, please open Devices and Printers in Control Panel, then there, right-click on the HP printer, and delete it for now.

Please make sure to delete all the HP item(s) there.

- Does it let you delete the HP printer there?

HP ENVY has been removed

Great. Now, can you please open the program called HP ENVY... on your computer, if it's there (not in Control Panel, but on the Desktop screen or from the Start menu program list.)

It is not on the desktop screen of in the Start menu program list

Please download / install the HP ENVY 5540 series Basic Driver at the HP website below and check:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-5540-all-in-one-printer-series/5447939/model/5447940/swItemId/mp-147823-2

Please let me know. Thank you.

Were you able to download the printer driver form the website I've provided above? Is there any error or message during the installation?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

I was able to download the printer driver BUT I had to go into 123.hp.com to get the version I needed. The address for the site you gave me only would allow me to download BASIC print driver. I wanted/needed the full print driver. Going into 123.hp.com did not cost me anything as you said it would cost more that your service. I did not get what I needed from your service and want my money ($33.00) back. Thank you.

I'm sorry. I believe my solution would have fixed the printing issue for you. I showed you the Wireless Setup Wizard option on the printer's screen; that's half of the solution. Then I showed you how to delete the printer from the computer, and to download / install the Basic printer driver. The basic printer driver would fix the printing issue. The basic printer driver also contains the Scan program and all the options / settings for your printer. I showed you the basic driver because it's faster for downloading and installation. The basic driver is usually all you need. I'm not sure why you need the full printer driver, but if you had told me earlier, then I would provide the full driver quickly for you, so that you didn't have to go find it yourself. You needed help with the printing issue, so I was trying to provide the quickest solution as possible. If you need something, or have any question, you can always reply back to me, then I would answer you right away.

Do you need help with any other computer question / issue today?