Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

It keeps saying "The paper source setting is invalid." when

It keeps saying "The paper source setting is invalid." when trying to print from the glass.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Epson Workforce WF-2750
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am not printing from the computer. That works fine. Just a copy layed on the glass.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My husband was trying to print something and pushed buttons to try to get it to print so I have no idea what he pushed.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It had worked fine until this.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

1. Press the up or down arrow button, select Setup, and press the OK button.
  2. Press the up or down arrow button, select option Restore Default Settings, and press the OK button.
  3. Press the up or down arrow button to select option Clear All Data and Settings and press the OK button.
  4. Press the up arrow button to reset the selected settings.
  5. Wait a bit, then see if you can copy from the printer's glass now.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Same message so did not fix!

I'm sorry. Please turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then turn on printer, then wait a few minutes, then see if you can make a copy now.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have already paid for help so I do not want to grant you access to my computer.
What else can I try?

I will continue to help you here. Did you try this:

- Please turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then turn on printer, then wait a few minutes, then see if you can make a copy now.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Same message after turning it off and unplugging, plugging it back in and turning it back on.

I'm sorry. Please try:

1. Place a document or photo on the bottom, right corner of the printer's glass.
  2. Press the Home button, press the down arrow to select Setup and press the OK button.
  3. Press the down arrow to select option Paper Setup, press the OK button.
  4. Press the right arrow to select option Paper Size, and do one of the following:
    • If you're copying letter size paper select Letter, and press the OK button.
    • If you're copying a photo, select a size from the available paper sizes and press the OK button.
  5. Press the down arrow to select Paper Type, and do one of the following:
    • If you're copying letter size paper, select Plain Paper, and press the OK button.
    • If you're copying a photo, select the correct paper size.
  6. Press the Home button, press the up arrow to select Copy, and press the OK button.
  7. Press OK to adjust the Copy settings.

- Note: The printer's screen displays the current Copy settings.

8. Under Settings, make sure the following is selected:
    • If you're copying letter size paper:
      • Layout is set to With Border.
      • Document Size is set to Letter.
    • If you're copying a photo: Layout is set to Borderless or With Border, and Document Size is set to the correct photo paper size.
  9. Press back button (curved left arrow button.)
  10. Press one of the Start buttons to make a copy in Black & White or Color.

Do you see all those options when trying the 10-step process above?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
OK! I think I have it! I had borderless, so changed to border and it printed!
Thanks

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,