Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't get it to connect to my modem. The SSID name is not…

I can't get it...

I can't get it to connect to my modem. The SSID name is ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

HP Envy 5540. I just bought it new and am trying to install it.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just bought it and am trying to install the wireless

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. The test result says the network name has not been set.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?

What happens when you go through the wireless icon / Wireless Setup Wizard option on the printer screen? Is there any error or message?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Century Link PK5001Z

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1de26285-df12-4281-8674-ba3ce8b43137
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.