Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I bought a car plan at Walmart when I bought my printer. I…

Customer Question
I bought a car...

I bought a car plan at Walmart when I bought my printer. I am required to remove the printhead and send to them. How do I do that on model mg2922?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Purchased Aug 19, 2016 It is a Canon MG2922

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, an old XP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I came in to use it and the power light and alarm were on. I have tried everything. Call the care plan and they will either replace or refund my money but I have to send them the printhead. Just need to know how to get it off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. thank you.

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
9/24/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 12 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Just today when I went to print something.
Just need to know how to get the print head off.

Can you give me the serial please?

KKJWO7252

This is a consumer unit so it will void the warranty and close the substrate are uou ok with this?

Are you trying to clean it?

No, the power does not work. I just need to know how to remove the print head, PLEASE.

This is what I use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFgBqKI1fc

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I have looked at youtube and they did not show anything for my model. So are you saying you cannot tell me how to do that?

That model I Gave you is very similar.

I looked at it and it shows the cartridges on top, my are underneath. Guess I'll have to get a hammer to it.

are you trying to use it for parts?

No, absolutely not. The Care plan I bought at purchase requires that I return only the printhead.

Were did you buy the plan, that's not normal tbh.

I told you I bought it at Walmart
or No, can you do what I am asking?

I don't know that model no - but at the same time it's not normal for them to ask for the head online.

If you want I can refund this in full.

100% of the time it's the whole unit

That will be fine. Just cancel my temporary membership.

You will need to do that