Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I want to scan a document & send it to my computer. I can't…

Customer Question
I want to scan...

I want to scan a document & send it to my computer. I can't do this since a message tells me that there is no connection. I have no problem when I ask the printer to make a copy of something that I see on the computer.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

MacBook Pro - version 12.10.6

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacOS Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is the first time I've tried to scan a document to the computer. Before this I've always scanned to the printer.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is the printing done through a wireless connection? or done through a USB cable connected to the printer?

It's a wireless connection.

Would you like Remote Control service for the problem?

Or should I instruct you by this present means instead?

I can do either and will do both if you wish. Just let me know, please. I stand ready to help.

When will he be able to connect?
Can you instruct me via the present means?
Good-by.

I'm still here... do you still want instruction?

If you want me to connect, click on this link and I will join the session as soon as that is run:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=41a6b6a1-6c1e-4b73-b5e9-d4ba94ae3f3b&Type=Java