Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

While trying to reinstall my HP 6700 on my new wifi network,

While trying to reinstall...

While trying to reinstall my HP 6700 on my new wifi network, a message came up saying "missing or failed printhead". Have turned off and back on with same msg showing.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

HP Officejet 6700 Premium

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Router was replaced so have a new network. I have installed new network on my Mac and was now trying to install the printer when this msg came up.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

How old is the printer?

Maybe 3 years I think

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Josh, Technician
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris