crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

While trying to reinstall my HP 6700 on my new wifi network,

while trying to reinstall my HP 6700 on my new wifi network, a message came up saying "missing or failed printhead". Have turned off and back on with same msg showing.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: HP Officejet 6700 Premium
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Router was replaced so have a new network. I have installed new network on my Mac and was now trying to install the printer when this msg came up.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Maybe 3 years I think

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

crash2199, Technician
Experience: 5+ years as Tech

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris