Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brother HL-2240 it won't turn on. Its a printer hl2240. Mac…

Customer Question
Brother HL-2240 it...

Brother HL-2240 it won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Its a printer hl2240

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac book

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just now, haven't used it for a couple of weeks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/24/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
Click Printers & Scanners.
In some versions of OS X, this preference is named Print & Scan or Print & Fax.
Control-click anywhere in the list of devices on the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the shortcut menu that appears.

Once that is complete, unplug the printer from power then plug it back in and turn it on. Then goto the printers and scanners folder and add the printer again. It should be working now but let me know if you got still need help.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.