Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I was attempting to copy and paste in order to only print…

Customer Question
Hi, I was attempting...

Hi, I was attempting to copy and paste in order to only print part of a document, but the WHOLE document turned into a printable document with many, many pages. I don't know what to do. I got scared and shut off my printer, I'm too scared to turn it back on. Miriam

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is an HP Laser Jet 1020- possibly no older than 10 years?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 7 PC Desktop model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have not turned the printer back on since it happened about 6 weeks ago or so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that is all

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 12 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

You will need to cancel the print job from the computer. Then, once you turn the printer back on, it will not print any more.

I can walk you through the steps to cancel the print job. Please let me know when you are ready to begin.