Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon PIXMA printer shows code b200 and tells me to call…

Customer Question
My Canon PIXMA printer...

My Canon PIXMA printer shows code b200 and tells me to call tech suport

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Yes B200 code and model is MG5320/ PIXMA

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Setting ideal went to change ink cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

? not sure

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/24/2017
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you today? I will attempt to assist you with your printer problem.

I'm running Windows on computer ,and I think That wife had just copied some forms .
The printer turns on starts to boot up and then fault light comes on and blinks. The window that shows what action you are performing goes red with B200 check service center
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 10 months ago

Can you try to remove the ink cartridge, and reseat it? Make sure any tape that may have been on the cartridge from the packaging has been removed. Does your old cartridge give you the same error, or had it just run out of ink?

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART135550

The error code 200 refers to an issue with the printhead. The link posted above shows how to remove that part.

Prepare a small bowl with water. Put a paper towel at the bottom of the bowl to protect the printhead circuitry. You only want the liquid to be *approximately a half inch high.* Place the circuitry of the printhead into the water, gently dabbing it onto the paper towels. You can let it soak for an hour or more. You can also add isopropyl alcohol if water itself does not fix the problem. After the printhead soaks, remove it from the liquid and dab gently with a paper towel, assuring no debris attaches to the printhead. Let air dry for a few hours.

Install the printhead and cartridges back into the printer. If there is no change, and you only used water the first time, attempt again with a half solution of water and half alcohol. Allow it to soak longer, and try again.

If there is still no change, you may have a permanently damaged printhead. However, cleaning it works perfectly many of the time. Feel free to ask me any questions while you attempt this process. If I have helped you, please rate me from 1 to 5 stars! Even after rating, you can still ask related questions at no additional charge. Let me know if the issue is resolved, and thank you for working with me!

Please let me know if I was able to assist in your printing issue! I am happy to provide additional assistance at no extra cost.