Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson 2550 Error Code OxF1. I unplugged but don't know how…

Customer Question
Epson 2550 Error Code...

Epson 2550 Error Code OxF1. I unplugged but don't know how to remove cartridge to reinstall

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Yes, the code is OxF1. It's an Epson 2550.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac os Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened. I was running "Clean my Mac"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How much $?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/24/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unplug the power cord

Use your hand to manually move the carriage across then remove the ink cartridges and insert them back firmly into the carriage and close the lid

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

ok!

Unplug the power cord

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

There's a plastic case partially covering the ink cartridges - how do I get it off

Unplug the power cord

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Still have the error code

How old is the printer?

one year

Over or under a year old?

November 2016

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement.

The good news is that it is still covered under warranty and it can be repaired by Epson. Please call 1-***-***-**** to start the warranty repair process.

Seriously! What a bummer! Thanks

You're welcome!

Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Technician