Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a sf 3520-it prints but quality is poor, like not…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a sf 3520-it prints but quality is poor, like not really readable. We just replaced the print cartilages, so it can't be that

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Epson WF-3520, it's at least 2 years old?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It does the same thing whether I print from the Mac or pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Ox yosemite from the mac, it has happened on and off over the last year, my son has messed around with it in the past and got it to work, but not this time, although initially it was not printing at all, although it appeared to me

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/24/2017
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!