Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a sf 3520-it prints but quality is poor, like not

hi I have a sf 3520-it prints but quality is poor, like not really readable. We just replaced the print cartilages, so it can't be that
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: epson WF-3520, it's at least 2 years old?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: it does the same thing whether I print from the Mac or pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ox yosemite from the mac, it has happened on and off over the last year, my son has messed around with it in the past and got it to work, but not this time, although initially it was not printing at all, although it appeared to me
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!