Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Bought a new hp laptop a week ago watched tutorial and used…

Bought a new hp...

Bought a new hp laptop a week ago watched tutorial and used it for first time everthing worked ok when I charged it it kept saying incorrect password ***** though I tried variety of passwords from my desktop I cannot access system it wont accept my password ***** I reset to a new password.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not sure of age M#ht204000200 920832-DB1V04 M170420 VER.04

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC WINDOWS 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It all worked on first try after charging it it will not accept my password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time fairly familiar on my desktop

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
John, Printer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment to review your question.

To clarify are you trying to change the sign in password ***** your windows 10 laptop ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

tks

You are welcome.

Are you using a microsoft online account password ***** sign in ?

I guess I am its windows 10 on a pc

Could you please let me know the microsoft account email address.

Please give me a moment check whether its a microsoft account or not.

Sorry to say that is not a microsoft online account.

After you enter the incorrect password ***** it show a password ***** link or a password *****?

it shows hint kibby

In that case its not a online microsoft account.its a local user account.To solve this password ***** the option we can is to reset windows 10 which will erase everything on the computer and re-install windows like a new system is that OK with you?

is that only on my laptop or is this on my desk top also I do not want to lose my desk top information

The problem is on the laptop not on desktop am i correct ?

totally correct

Then no need to worry shall we then proceed with the windows 10 reset process?

This is good if it only applies to my laptop tks

You are welcome.Give me a moment to type in the instructions to do that.

ok

Make sure you disconnect any external hard drive connected to the PC also connect the power adapter/charger.

In the bottom right of the windows 10 login screen where it asks for the password ***** can see power icon like shown in the image.

Now click on that power icon and then press and hold Shift key and then click on Restart while holding the shift key that will show a screen which says choose an option (you can release the shift key)

In that screen select Troubleshoot then on the next screen click on Reset this PC then on the next screen select the option to Remove everything then in the reset your PC screen select Only the drive where windows is installed then select Just remove my files

Now it will ask for final confirmation click on Reset and the process starts.Let me know when the process starts.If you have any trouble doing it please do let me know that too.

I am not sure which is the shift is that the one you shift for capitals

Yes it is.

when I hold shift key down with power button it just goes back to show password ***** reset password ***** up removable media connect a flash drive

You need to hold down the shift key while you click on restart in the power icon.

Did you do like i mentioned above and did the reset process start ?

whenI hold shift key down and press restart it goes back to desk top picture and asks for password *****

where are you seeing this power/battery icon ?

bottom right of screen

That is the correct one

Are you sure you are holding down the shift key while clicking on restart ? if so then hold it down for 5 seconds and then release.

it just keeps going back to home screen I have held it for 5 seconds and five minutes same results

That is really strange.Let me see if i can get you a video on how to do it and see if you are doing the same.

Please check this video and see if that is the same you are doing.Let me know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWN0UjcS5k

web site you sent says its not correct

Do you mean you cannot see the youtube video i send?

correct

Are you typing the address or clicking on the link i gave because that video is working without any issue on my side.

i am typing it in maybe i should try direct link

just click on the link and it will open the video directly.

Did you see the video that shows the reset process ?

hi John finally got it to work thank you have a nice weekend/ Burke

Glad to know that.

Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John, Printer Support Specialist
John, Printer Support Specialist