Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have printer WF-3620/WF-3640 and need to scan a document…

Customer Question
Hello! I have...

Hello! I have printer WF-3620/WF-3640 and need to scan a document to send in an email. Please tell me how to do this.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's probably only about a year old. It's "PrecisionCore."

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I haven't had occasion to scan anything for a couple of years and have forgotten how. The Quick Guide doesn't have instructions.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/24/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

You have to set up the scanning to email function from the printers control panel, heres how

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd41349/source/printers/source/networking/tasks/wfr5690_4640/setting_up_email_server_wfr5690.html

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.