Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon MP540 printer. Can you tell me how to scan…

I have a Canon...

I have a Canon MP540 printer. Can you tell me how to scan documents with it?

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Canon MP540 (is that enough detail?) and about 6 years old - maybe more.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have a PC using Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I've never tried to scan with it before, so I don't know how to do it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's all I want to know thank you.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is printing currently working fine?

Do you have the MP Navigator EX program on your computer? If yes, can you use that program for scanning?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
the printer is printing OK. I've never tried to scan before, I just need to know how to do it. And no, I don't have that program.

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0eabdaf4-4ee7-4b14-bf1f-ad83b92096b8
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.