Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a mx892 and I am trying to scan a document, but it…

I have a mx892...

I have a mx892 and I am trying to scan a document, but it says "set the Pc to start scanning" This printer will only scan to a usb drive, which is connected, but it does not work

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Pixma Mx892

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC...It prints from the PC just fine...but I have a hard copy that I want to scan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Not sure...rarely scan..probably not in the last 2 years

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

BTW it does not have the capability to scan directly to the PC, only to a USB drive

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Do you have the MP Navigator EX program on your computer? If yes, can you use that program for scanning?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It is wireless...I do not have MP Navigator EX
i do not want to pay additional money...if you can't help me I want a refund...feeling very ripped off here

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Also, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.
How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?
Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

i just want to cancel this and get my money back!

I can fix this issue remotely and quickly for you without additional cost, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.

what is the solution...
R u there

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/y9kvmngm
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

what is my total charge for this service
I want to know how much will be charged to my credit card

I'm the tech, so i'll have our customer service contact you, but it's the amount you've agreed to in the beginning, our customer service will make sure you will be satisfied at the end. Thank you.

ok...

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/y9kvmngm
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Connected, working on issue. Thank you.

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician