Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a Cannon Pixma MG6120. I need to know how to enable it…

Customer Question
Have a Cannon Pixma...

Have a Cannon Pixma MG6120. I need to know how to enable it to print direct to disc

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is... a few years old. Just got the cd tray for it, and need to enable the printer to print on the cd.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I think its 8 with the "upgrade"... I'm just old enough to

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just got the tray... and don't know how to make the printer recognize it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not real "techie" Hopefully the answer is somewhat easy

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
9/24/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 9 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

The steps to do this are unbelievably long, and difficult. So if you want me to connect to your computer and do these steps for you, let me know.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Modify-Canon-Pixma-Printer-to-Print-on-CDs--DVDs/

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I'm sorry... I'm in a wrestling match with my computer tonight..
If I can stay connected, it would be great if you could do that
I will have to try from work Monday... This connection is ridiculous bad tonight. Thank you

I can connect, but if your connection is bad, that doesnt do us any good.

Would you like to try monday, and if so what time?

It will have to be "when I get the chance"

Allright, just dont randomly reply and hope im online. If you can give me about 4 hours warning or let me know a window of time, then I can make sure I can meet up with you.

Thank you, ***** ***** look forward to your reply.

Dustin S

I'll try to do that.. Thanks.

Allright, Ill look for your replies.

Dustin S

Dustin,
I'd like to try to get that printer working this afternoon... maybe 4:30 or after (Central time)
Will you be available?
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 8 months ago

Ill be available then. Just message me here and we will get going, please give me up to 15 minutes to respond, and start the connection software on my end before I send you the connection steps.

D.S

Sounds good

Allright, please wait to reply till you are ready to go, as I have to reply to every response in my cue!

Hello Dustin.
I am setup at my office with a decent connection.
Whenever you can jump in... That would be great

Allright , is your office computer a pc or a mac?

And also, when we finish up if the issue is resolved, there will be an additional fee of 39$ for remote support. Just wanted to make sure this was clear.

Sir.
PC

To start the connection click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=fb7300ea-086f-447d-adae-a066019ed8ea

Then on the next page that opens, scroll down and click the Green I agree button. That should start a download of the Elsinore screen connect file.

Run that file, or save and run that file. Or if you have chrome double click the Elsinore screen connect file that should now be downloading at the bottom left hand corner of the chrome browser.

If it asks you to run or allow the software to make changes, please do so. That should connect us. Please only run the file once and if you cannot connect, let me know!

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

Are you still there...
What's happening? Are you still there!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately we went without internet all night and it just got turned on a few minutes ago.

Our connection link expired, below are the connection steps and a new link

To start the connection click this link

Thank you for your response,

Did it disconnect... It showed the guest comment in a different color.
Do I need to do anything on my end?

Apologies for the delay, For the Mg6120 there isnt a firmware available that will allow it to print on cds. For that reason, im going to include the refund link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0