Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Its my canon mx922. Sometimes it prints and other times im…

Customer Question
Its my canon mx922...

Its my canon mx922. Sometimes it prints and other times im getting this error saying theres no paper in upper tray. I dont even know where the upper tray is I printed a word documnet just fine before now i want to print postage from paypal and got error again

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its maybe 6 months old and yeah its done it to me before partly why i never used it

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac os

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Mac sierra I went to print, the printer was making some sounds like it was gonna print, then then error popped uo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think thats about it thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/24/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since I bought it. It seems to happen randomly. I can print word documents most of time time, like right now, I tried to print postage from paypal, and I got that error. I took a screen shot of the postage, put it into a word document, and then it printed fine.
But in the past ive tried to print simple word documents and ive gotten the same error. I dont even know where the "upper" tray is.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris