Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have an MX920 printer. My internet provider recently

Hi, I have an MX920 printer. My internet provider recently changed my network name. The printer keeps trying to access the inactive network by default. How do I permanently delete that on the printer so that it will hold its connection to the new network name?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I think it's from 2013, possibly older
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac let me check the OS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 10.9.5
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is the first I needed to print since Mediacom was out about a week ago. I end up deleting the printer on the Mac then manually choosing the correct network on the printer, adding the password ***** then it accesses again. It will print at that moment whatever I send to it. Later I go to print another document and the connection is lost again. I've been doing this repeatedly since about 2 CST today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please do the following steps first:

1. Go to Menu on printer.
  2. Select option Setup (the screwdriver / wrench icon.)
  3. Then select option Device settings
  4. Then select option LAN settings.
  5. Then select option Reset LAN settings.
  6. Then select option Yes and OK.
    - Once the printer's screen shows "Following is completed", then it's successful.

- When the above steps are finished, please try the option Wireless LAN setup (or option WLAN setup) on the printer again to select / connect to your new correct network name and see if it works permanently now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
OK, it is printing, however, the old network name still appears on the list in the first spot which is where it attempts to connect first when it fails. How do I permanently delete the old network name so that the new network name appears in the top spot within the printer menu?

When you did the Reset LAN settings option, it should reset the printer.

- Is the power has been disconnected from the old modem / router device?

- What's the old network name?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
The original network was sandi's wifi. When Mediacom put in a new router/modem they used sandi57

The name is ***** ***** the printer should not connect to it any more as you did the network reset. Can you test printing multiple things, and check?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you! It seems to be holding and printing properly again. Finally, I can get my work done.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** 5 star button for you. Have a good evening.

You're welcome. You too. Thank you again.