Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a canon PIXMA MG2520, can I connect it to my network…

Customer Question
I have a canon...

I have a canon PIXMA MG2520, can I connect it to my network via the usb connection on the printer and usb on my router ?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have never connected it to the router before, about 4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just trying it for the first time, I have used it previously connected to the PC and worked just fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, just I have connected it to the router, tried a test print with no results.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/24/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason