Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have low vision and I am trying to determine ink levels is…

Customer Question
I have low vision...

I have low vision and I am trying to determine ink levels is my cannon mx4100 printer

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

How do I determine ink levels in my cannon mx4100 printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have low vision and I need to know if I need to order ink

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/23/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Go to the

Start button, at lower left, click on it once

then click on Control Panel

Then click on Hardware and Sound

then click on Devices and Printers.

Right-click on your printer's icon there.

Select Properties... then select the MAINTENANCE tab.

The Ink Levels function should be there. If all works, you should see your ink levels clearly indicated. If they all look empty (no ink colors showing in the 'ink vessel' rectangles or cuboids) then your printer may be wireless and the connection may not be good, so if so, tell me, and I will guide you as to what to do.

there is no maintenance tab just general and properties

Then you may have to read the Ink Levels off the Canon printer itself.

Or, you may not have properly installed the Canon printer's drivers and software. Would you like instruction on how to do so?

Or, do you already have the Canon IJ Status Monitor program on your printer, in your Canon printer software's folder in the Start menu? if so, use it to check the ink levels.

(If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know which approach you would prefer, and I will help you as needed.)

I don't want you to connect to my computer. I have a square on my screen that says all the things I can do with my preinter. Can I find ink levels there?
Technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 8 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi, I am happy to help. Please let me look over the notes.

Technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi, are you connecting to this printer via wifi, USB, is the printer networked directly into your router using a network cable?

the printer is connected by a usb cable

Ink Levels, as a function, is found in the Epson software under the Maintenance heading.

It is also found on the printer, in the Setup menu, under the Maintenance sub-menu, usually.

Let me know if you find this Ink Levels function usable... or need further instructions on finding it.

I just solved the problem myself. Your service was very little help to me and not worth tlhe $28.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

John, Computer Science Engineer