Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung printer M288x. It works great in the

Customer Question
Dear *****,I have a...

Dear *****,I have a Samsung printer M288x. It works great in the scanner used to work. Last week I had to change the router for TV service. I had to reinstall the Samsung software for the printer to work remotely. No problemWhen I try to scan a document I get the message "something went wrong". The printer recognizes the request but does not scan the document. I tried it remotely and also with the printer cable connected - same resultAre the drivers I could download. I am afraid to use offbrand service because it may mess up my computer/printer. I would rather go to Staples and pay a few dollars for the scanner which I do not use very oftenJerry Rankin

Technician's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No. Actually , scan did not work initially, and Samsung tech got it running in july 2017. After that it worked 3 times. We have 2 M288x, about 30 mos. I think. They are great.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 8.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The router was changed last week for new TV service. I reinstalled cd software and printer worked fine. Problem now to scan a document. I tried remote & with printer cable

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No , thanks

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
9/23/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 12 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Started after new router was installed. I reinstalled cd samsun software. No problems to print, but it will not scan. Printer reacts to request, but does not store document
Please cancel my service. I don't need a scanner at these prices

So you no longer need help?