Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I changed my print cartridge and now I get a B504 error. I…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I changed...

Second opinion] I changed my print cartridge and now I get a B504 error. I had done it previously and the message came up and the guy at Best Buy suggested it may have been a bad cartridge so they replaced it. I just put the new one in and the same message came up.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

3 years old. it is a Maxify mb2320

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Macbook. The same message shows with a simple copy. os Ex El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Only since I changed the cartridge about a week ago. Never before

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
9/23/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 12 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If there is an 'ink-drop' button anywhere on your printer, press that button firmly for 1 full second, release the button, and wait for 2+ minutes... does that do anything?

If there is such a button, about 5 minutes after pressing it firmly once, turn Off the printer for 2 minutes, or longer, then turn it On again... and see whether the message/error clears!

Let me know how it goes, please.

No such button
Not a solution

Your printer most likely has a severe problem in the inking system... but still:

- has it suffered a period of disuse, recently or at any time?

- are you using genuine OEM inks from Epson, or some other or 'compatible' kind?

- how old is the printer in question please?