Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I want to fix the error 0X9A of my Epson WF-3640. Epson

I want to fix...

I want to fix the error 0X9A of my Epson WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Epson WF-3640 / about 1.5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac air

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Mac OS Sierra/ just happened right now/ I made a mistake of printing on a glossy paper before this error popped

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's all that happened

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

The error is still there

Please remove all of the ink cartridges and insert them back into the carriage then close the lid

Now,

Wait 2 minutes

Do you still have the error?

still have the error

Do you see any paper jam within the machine?

I already removed the page that was being printed. It was not jammed /crumpled/ or torn.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

thanks

You're welcome! I wish I had better news for you and I appreciate that you understand I am only the messenger in this bad news situation.

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Josh, Technician