Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My brother MFC-415W has been able to scan documents for a…

Customer Question
Hello My brother MFC-415W...

Hello My brother MFC-415W has been able to scan documents for a long time Trying to do that today.. for the first time in a few weeks..

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

After I hit the scan to file button on printer .. message on printer says " Connecting to PC".. nothing then happens I use the same printer to print so I know the USB connection is working

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing happened before this popped up.. I just had not done any scannning for probably 3 weeks. but i print almost every day on the device

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/23/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

It sounds as though the software for the printer is failing. Please, download and install the "Full Driver & Software Package" from the following page: http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj415w_all

On the page that I linked above, choose your version of Windows 7 and click the blue "Search" button on the page, click the link for "Full Driver & Software", click the blue "Agree to the EULA and Download" button, save the file and install the file. After that is complete, you should be all set.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

P.S. Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of the page. Don't worry, there is no extra charge for rating me.