Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a canon MG6320 wireless printer. The printer acts…

Customer Question
I have a canon...

I have a canon MG6320 wireless printer. The printer acts like it's 'stuck' with the LAN. I send a print job to it and the print dialogue box says that it cannot print it because another printer is in the queue, but it's that exact print job. So, I tried to reset the LAN settings on the printer, but I get the following message: Cannot change the setting. If the device is in use via the LAN, finish it and then change the setting. But, I don't know what job is in the queue. The printer dialogue box is empty

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No, never before. It's probably 4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A day or so. I've tried clearing out the print jobs, turning the printer off several times

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/23/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

For two days

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

done

Can you connect it back up, does this help?

I don't think it did anything since when I go into the settings area on the printer on LAN setup it still says "cannot change the setting. if the device is in use ..."

Is your PC Windows or mac?

Thanks

Kris

windows

Can I connect and have a look?

I'm not able to do that right now. I have an appt. Additionally, I'm not interested in paying extra. I will log in tomorrow to work on this again.

Ok we can take it from there on monday