Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My WF-3640 will not print at ink .... it was idle for 4

months ... I replace the...
My WF-3640 will not print at ink .... it was idle for 4 months ... I replace the black cartridge and still no ink .... I did all the maintenance functions
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: WF-3640
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC ---Windows 8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I am a snowbird and just returned to Florida so since I activated the Printer on Tuesday
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Did you perform a print head cleaning?

performed all the maintenance functions ..

Yes, I understand but "all" maintenance functions to some users are not actually all of the functions.

Did you perform a nozzle check? How many times did you run the print head cleaning?

I performed all the maintenance ... head cleaning, nozzle check ..etc

How many times did you run the print head cleaning?

3 times .... and I replaced the black cartridge ... did not have any new color cartridges .. but ink levels were good!!

Due to the sitting, it is likely that the print head is now clogged.

Take a look at this video here to do a manual cleaning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IszUNL7znds

Just finished watching!

Great; please try the steps

thanks .. are you charging
me for watching a video ....

I am not sure what you mean --- I have provided you a video to watch so that you can perform the task of manually cleaning the print head.

Thanks ... I will continue with my research on YouTube ...just do not believe that this advice is worth the full charge.

I am not sure what you mean -- I have provided you the next step to fix your issue and included a video to watch in order to perform the task. It is a lot easier to show you a video than to type out the steps.

Thanks for your help ... have a blessed day!!

You're welcome! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Josh, Technician
Please cancel did not use this service
Josh, Technician