Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

All of a sudden the printer is not putting out any ink.

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer?

Epson workforce wf-3640

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The yellow ink was low so I replaced it 2 days ago. It seems like it is receiving information from the pc buy prints out with very little ink

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/23/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Either another of your ink tanks needs to be replaced, the driver needs to be reinstalled. Or most likely, you just need to clean the printhead. Heres how to clean the printhead

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd51270/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/cleaning_head_utility.html

If you have any further questions, or if you cant complete these steps and need further help, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, I seem to have fixed it by removing and replacing all the ink cartridges. But I'll check again on Monday and let you know. Thanks.

Allright, I did mention as the first suggestion that maybe one of the ink cartridges needed to be replaced. Im glad to hear you resolved the issue.

Please dont forget to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to help you, as thats the only way that I am credited with assisting you.

Thank you,

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)