Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Sorry I was taken away from my computer to attend a client.

Sorry I was taken...

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

What has happened, is I have replace Cyan toner in my Lazer printer and for some reason the computer tells me to replace the toner. I have tried taking the toner and tipping it.. if you know what I mean, still with the same answer from the computer.. MFC 9460CDN

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It said replace toner, which I did. Nothing other than that. I did a while ago, go through some steps (a Tec - who I don't know) told me to do, and this lengthen the use of the toner - as it is new, I thought this may work, but I can't remember the steps...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

9/23/2017
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello, I can attempt to help you with this problem. Has this toner ever worked properly in the printer?

no

Was it bought from Brother, or is it an offbrand toner?

And you are getting the same error, from both the previous toner, and the new one?

I
It is an off brand toner in the brother

Alright. Try opening the front cover so it says "Cover is open"... press the Clear button... this should bring up a reset menu. Please let me know if you see that when following those steps.

I have K.TNR
-HC
S.HC

Great. Do you see - "C. TNR-STD"

HAVE DONE - SAYS RESET

OK great, go ahead and reset then close the cover.

MIND YOU IT SARTS WITH K-TNR

OK you want to find the one that specifically says "C. TNR-STD" You should be able to scroll down in the menu

Still comes up with 'Replace Toner'..... but as I mention before - K-TNR-STD

Can you scroll and find the C. TNR-STD?

Have just done, keeping fingers crossed

Great! I am also hopeful this will work.

WOW! I think we have done it!!!?? I have just copied off Document from another computer... AND IT HAS COME THROUGH..
I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM, AS I HAVE A WEDDING TO CONDUCT THIS AFTERNOON, AND I NEED THIS PRINTER FOR THE BOOKLET TO PUBLISH...Thank you thank you etc. Janet

I am so happy to hear this! =) I appreciate working with you Janet. If you have a similar problem, you can message me back free at charge. If you enjoyed my assistance, please rate me in stars from 1 to 5. I hope you have a great day !

Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer