Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer
Experience:  Sr System Administrator at General Dynamics
92043526

I have a XP810 and I need a printer's ink pad. Epson XP810.

I have a XP810 and I need a printer's ink pad
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer?
Customer: Epson XP810
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I tried to print a one page doc and printer sent a message: printers ink pad is at the end of service life contact Epson support
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, I would like to attempt to help you with this problem. I am looking for a Mac application that can help you, but have yet to find one to reset that error. Do you have a Windows computer you may be able to run this software with?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I do not have a PC I am trying to get help from Epson Support

Alright. Basically this error is related to a counter on your Epson printer. It makes it not possible to use your printer again if it has been used too many times. There is a way to easily fix it on a Windows PC, but I do not see the software available through Epson when using a Mac OS. I am still looking for other ways to perhaps get this to work. We will not need to do a remote session at this time.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I guess that if you do not see the software available through Epson when using a Mac OS, that means that I am out of luck?

I would not say you are completely out of luck, but it is difficult to repair without a Windows machine. I can give you the information on how it would be fixed if you perhaps had a neighbor or family member who would allow you to try to run the application with their machine? It is software straight from Epson.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Please, provide me that info and I'd try to find a neighbor with a PC that I can use, thanks.

Great! The link is as follows -

https://epson.com/Support/wa00819

This will allow you to temporarily reset the setting. If this doesn't work, you can also attempt the fixes located here -

http://www.the-inkstore.co.uk/frame/pages/sscserve%20info.htm

However, I would try the first one, as it is directly from Epson. If this does not work, you can contact me again at no extra charge.

Please let me know by rating me if I was quick and helpful to you!

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thank you very much you were very quick and helpful to me.

You will be able to follow up with me, even after rating my assistance to you. Any further questions relating this matter are at no extra cost! Please select 1 - 5 stars at the level of my assistance. Have a great day, and feel free to reach me again if you have any further questions!