Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Do not print in red. Epson workforce wf-7620. Dell. Over 2…

Customer Question
Do not print in...

Do not print in red

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Epson workforce wf-7620

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Dell

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Over 2 week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Parking note

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/23/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

As I do not know, what you have tried so far to solve this problem, so I am assuming that you have not tried anything. Now, the problem you are facing can be caused due to few reasons.

1. If any cartridge is empty.

2.If the nozzles are blocked

3.If the printhead is defective

4.If the cartridge is defective.

So, except these four reasons, there is a chance of defective logic board, but the chance of a defective logic board is very less. So, we can assume that it is not defective.

The first thing you should do is checking the ink level and replace the cartridge which is empty or low.If you have already done that then, clean the printhead using the steps from this LINK.

If you have not cleaned the printhead or cleaned it for one time then, clean it for two more times but do not clean it more than 3 times.

The above step is a crucial step to solve this type of problem, if the problem still persists then, you have to manually flush the printhead, you can follow the steps to do that from this LINK.

Now, if you still face the problem then, you have to send the printer for repair. but in this matter, I will suggest you replace the printer if the printer is more than 3 years old, as the repairing cost of an old printer is more than the price of a new printer.Let me know if you need any further help otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.