Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The" Cannot recognize the following ink cartridges 252(blue)

The " Cannot recognize...

The " Cannot recognize the following ink cartridges 252(blue) and 252XL. Try installing again" both have been re installed several times and when reinstalled- the screens reads "check ink cartridges... Ink cartridges are installed correctly. Close the scanner unit". after closing the unit the printer checks the cartridges and then gives the same notice "Cannot recognize the following ink cartridges.... vicious cycle" I have shut down the printer 3 times to reset and the same Notice come up- Help! thank you *****: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

EPSON- workforce WF-3640 Cartridges- EPSON 252XL - High Capacity, 252

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is wireless and My husband works on a PC Microsoft and I am on a Mac using microsoft as we'll...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Started this morning... cartridges were changed do to low levels the other day and was working. and yes this morning.... to busy at work today to deal with a home printer issue :)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Idk...

9/22/2017
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Josh, Technician

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

all day , same think over and over..I will do that now.

If it does not work, how old is your printer?

still happening after the reset. I purchased this is 1/02/15

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

thank you :(

You're welcome! I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news but I appreciate your patience.

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Josh, Technician