Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a hp envy 4524 printer. It was working fine then all…

Customer Question
I have a hp...

I have a hp envy 4524 printer. It was working fine then all of a sudden every document comes out 2 inches wide and 2 inches long. What could the problem be?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it April 21, 2017. It is a HP Envy 4524

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC with windows.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started probanly a month ago. Nothing else happened.

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Printers
9/22/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 12 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 12 months ago

So you have a HP envy 4524 printer and the problem is you document comes out 2 inches wide and 2 inches long.

and you are trying to print using a Windows PC am I right?

correct
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 12 months ago

An are you trying to print a Word document or is that a PDF?

PDF
Word document
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 12 months ago

I believe it is the same happening with all of your documents.

It would be easier for me if I take a secure remote of your computer and check these settings, so that I'll know what the exact problem is?

no
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 12 months ago

Okay, no problem.

Can you please check the settings of your printer before you print and send a snapshot for me please.

So that I can see what current settings you have on it.

How do I find the settings?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 12 months ago

When you press Ctrl key and the letter P the print settings would come up. Try to take a screenshot of that and send it to me please.

Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 12 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If time is of the essence, the fastest way in which I can help you is via a secure remote connection. That will provide a temporary connection where I can fix this problem on screen, in person.

I'm sending the offer for that service now, once accepted we will start the connection process. If you reject the offer, we will continue via written word alone.