Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't get my scanner to send images to my computer. Epson…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my scanner to send images to my computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Epson xp-820

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Hadn't ever used scan feature before trying yesteray

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need to be able to scan

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
9/22/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You should initiate the scanning process directly from computer. There are many ways to Scan a document.

Method 1:

You can use Image Capture application to scan. Go to Applications folder and open Image Capture application. Image Capture will recognize the scanner and show in left column. Select the scanner (printer) and click Scan.

Method 2 :

Go to Applications folder and open Preview application. In Preview application, click on File menu and select Import from Scanner.

Method 3 :

Go to System Preferences and select Print and Scan or Printers and Scanners. Select your printer in left, click on Scan top on right top and click Open Scanner.

Method 4 :

Go to Applications folder and you will see Epson Scan app there. Open it and use it to scan.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Hi there, How is it going ?

Ashik, Technician