Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Am not able to make connection, either wifi or usb between

network computer and xp-420 printer JA...
Am not able to make connection, either wifi or usb between network computer and xp-420 printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson xp-420
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC with windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: for the last day
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need help since I have exhausted all instructions both from the manual and off of the internet
9/22/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please exactly what happens when you try to install the printer?

Please let me know

after trying both wifi and usb routines, get diagnosis that printer cannot be found on the network

Thanks

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Richard, Technician

Thank you

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

printer disconnected from power source, will leave it off for required 10 minutes
have connected power to printer and turned it on. appears to be ready!

ok, now try to add it please and telll me if it installs

what do you mean, try to add what?

The printer, try to install it and use it please.

the printer works in the stand alone mode, do you want me to try to print from the computer?
does not work when trying to send document from computer to printer, says no connection!

yes please

Richard, there is still a network connection issue that won't let me print from the computer. Works great
in stand alone mode.

Thank you

ID###-##-#### PASSWORD *****

you closed the program, you need to leave it open, please open it again, give me the new password ***** leave it open

ID###-##-#### PASSWORD *****

Still says it is closed, are you sure you are giving me the correct ID?

ONE MORE TIME, 3X IS A CHARM! ID###-##-#### PASSWORD ***** GOOD LUCK!

works!

Richard, Technician