Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother Printer HL-2280DW. It stopped picking up…

Customer Question
Good Morning I have...

Good Morning I have a Brother Printer HL-2280DW. It stopped picking up paper from the tray. I cleaned the rollers, didn't work. I changed the rollers and the pad, still doesn't work. Cant seem to find a remedy online

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 4 years old and the model no is HL-2280dw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This issue has been for about two weeks. Nothing happened before. I was doing a photocopy and it stopped picking up the paper I then triedto print a word document same thing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
9/22/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago

So I believe you have a brother HL-2280DW printer that doesn't pick up the paper from the tray.

I believe you tried cleaning the rollers and also changed the rollers and also the pad, still doesn't work.

And you have a Windows 7 PC.Am I right?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago

Okay that should mostly fix the issue.

But let me see what else can be done,please hold.

I appreciate your patience.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago

May I know how did you clean the roller?

Is that using acetone or alcohol?

Forget about cleaning the rollers. I replaced them wit a new set
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago

Alright and what happens when you try to print is that giving some noises to feed paper and getting stopped?

Very little noise The normal and it doesn't pick up the paper I get a message no paper please reload. When I pull out the paper tray the paper is stopped before the top single roller
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago

Thanks for the information.Let me check that.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago

That should work after replacing the new ones.

Please try to check this link and make sure all these are right,even then if the issue persists please let me know.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=hk&lang=en&prod=dcpj752dw_eu_as&faqid=faq00002490_023

I have been there already.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago

In this case this could be much of a hardware issue with your printer itself, so let me opt out of this.

So that another professional can help you better.

Thank you.

Have a great day!

ok
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

has the page moved at all ?

you say that it stops before the roller

i havent got the printer in front of me.

but either

A. the roller is supposed to move down and grab the paper and is not moving. that would be a physical problem

B. the roller moves down but slides off the paper. that should have been fixed with a new pickup roller ( are you sure that you replaced the right ones)

C. the paper is not being lifted high enough for the roller to get it. some printers actually jack the paper up. Most have a spring in the tray that pushes it up. ( check that the spring is working)

D. it may be trying to print from another tray or the multi purpose tray and it is saying the other tray has no paper. ( check the print settings and also see if it feeds from the multi purpose slot or a different or rear tray)