Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I followed all the steps in case of a red flashing paper

Hi, i followed all the steps in case of a red flashing paper led. Now the utility tells me usb. Tried another usb cable. Problem remains. Still flashing red

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still flashing red

Thanks

Can you remove the Drum and remove the power to the printer

Wipe down the inside of the printer with a damp cloth, then let it dry for 5 minutes

Put the drum back in and tell me how it then functions please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No change

Thanks

Can you do the following please

• Make sure that the machine is turned on.
  • Open the front cover.
  • To reset the drum counter, press and hold down Go for about 4 seconds until all the LEDs light up. Once all four LEDs are lit, release Go.
  • Close the front cover.
  • Make sure that the Drum LED is now off.

Tell me if it clears the red flashing please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Paper still flashing red

Thanks

It is the internal Drum or mainboard that has faulted, this is all that is left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for trying