Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Kodak Hero 5.1 will not print, all I get is a few

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, My Kodak...

Hi Pearl, My Kodak Hero 5.1 will not print, all I get is a few smudges. I have installed new Kodak ink cartridges, cleaned the printer head with the built in cleaner and tried re-installing the cartridges and it will still not print. I have tried to copy a document as well and it is the same blank sheet with a few smudges. Is it the printhead that is naff?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kodak is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I would guess we have had it maybe 6-7 years old, but is not heavily used. as far as I know it is Just a Kodak Hero 5.1 all in one printer, scans copys and prints.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an HP notebook running windows 10 (Edge). I also have an oldish (10 years +) desktop PC running windows Vista which will not print either.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started about 8-10 days ago with slowly deteriorating printing, which I put down to low ink levels in the cartridges. finally yesterday and today it will not print at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else, except maybe I have always used Kodak's own cartridges and have not used refilled cartridges.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/22/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please